Relax at Furnace Farm in our recently converted former threshing barn and wheel house. The threshing barn is where the corn sheaves were thrashed in a threshing machine to remove the grain. The machine was driven by horses circling the former wheel house (now walled garden) to turn a giant wheel.
Thresher cottage was converted in 2008 and can sleep 2 to 6 people in self catering accommodation. It is situated at the bottom of Fryup Dale in the North York Moors National Park. Fryup dale is a quiet unspoilt area. An ideal location for walking and touring the moors and coast, steam railway and heartbeat country.
Lounge / Kitchen:
Open plan lounge with log effect stove and kitchen dining area. Underfloor heating.
Ground floor bedroom suitable for disabled access. Kingsize bed with two bedside cabinets with lamps. Walk in wardrobe. Underfloor heating.
Adjacent wet room with shower, WC, basin and shaving point. Underfloor heating.
Garden: Enclosed lawned garden with pebbled patio and garden furniture with BBQ.
Kingsize bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, two bedside cabinets and lamps.
Twin beds, wardrobe, two bedside cabinets and lamps
Bathroom: Bath, shower, WC, Basin, shaver point and heated towel rail.
Central heating throughout with underfloor heating to ground floor
TV with freeview
Iron and ironing board
Electric oven and hob
All fuel, power, bed linen and towels provided
Cot and highchair can be provided on request
Ample off road parking spaces
Private water supply
|Start Date||End Date||Weekly|
|3 nights||19th Sept||22nd Sept||£170.00|
|3 nights||26th Sept||29th Sept||£170.00|
|3 nights||22nd Oct||25th Oct||£130.00|
|4 nights||29th Oct||2nd Nov||£285.00|
|3 nights||2nd Nov||5th Nov||£130.00|
|4 nights||5th Nov||9th Nov||£170.00|
|3 nights||9th Nov||12th Nov||£130.00|
|4 nights||12th Nov||16th Nov||£170.00|
|3 nights||24th Nov||26th Nov||£130.00|
|4 nights||3rd Dec||7th Dec||£170.00|
|3 nights||7th Dec||10th Dec||£130.00|
|4 nights||10th Dec||14th Dec||£170.00|
|3 nights||14th Dec||17th Dec||£130.00|
|4 nights||17th Dec||21st Dec||£170.00|
|7 nights||21st Dec||28th Dec||£550.00|
Please note Furnace Farm & Thresher Cottage
are NON SMOKING Throughout.
Sorry we do not allow pets.
- Parking on level driveway
- Short level path to door
- Low threshold on door
- Wide spacious hall with tiled floor
- Level access to:
- Downstairs bedroom - laminate floor
- Wet room - tiled floor
- Lounge /dining room - laminate and tile floor
- Carpeted stairs with banister on the left, 13 steps to upper landing
- Level access to two wood floored bedrooms
- Level access to bath / shower room with non-slip lino. One step into shower tray
- Access to lawned garden through main door and double patio doors with threshold crossing level path, garden funiture provided
- Access to gravel seated area from lawned garden down two steps, bench provided
- Access to utility room from garden path down one step, short level path to door, one step across threshold onto level concrete floor